Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Phew! I'm Tired!

Sorry, no funny anecdotes tonight. I am exhausted. I've been getting up at 4:50 every morning to walk and I want to know, "Where is all that energy you are supposed to get from exercising?" I've even been walking in my goofy old glasses because there is no way I'm forcing a contact into my unopened eyes.

I don't know if everyone knows or not, but Jason and I have been trying to have another baby for the last five years. I started Clomid this month and had an HCG injection (and by an, I mean 3 shots!)yesterday, along with an ultrasound. Now the waiting game begins....again. Not to get too TMI, but the doc told me to wait until day 40 to take a pregnancy test because I already have the pregnancy hormone (HCG) in my body. I just looked at him and smiled and said, "I'll try." We'll see how that goes. Patience is not my strongsuit. Hmmmmm....maybe that is what God is trying to teach me here. I know there is a lesson there somewhere. God really likes to teach me things and show me that I don't always know everything after all. And, oddly enough, I'm always so shocked to find out that, Suprise!, I don't know everything.

I have discovered a cute line of clothing for women and little girls, Shabby Apple. These are great women's clothes that are not too skimpy or revealing, yet still very stylish. They have awesome shoes, bags, and accessories, too. The girl's line is just precious. They have mixed and matched adorable Amy Butler fabrics to make the cutest aline dresses. I will be having a trunk show on Thursday, September 18th, if anyone is interested. I already have the clothing. They sent about 30 dresses in various styles, most with a small, medium, and large. I have requested a few more that were not included in the trunk, but I don't know if they will send them or not. Either way, others can be ordered and shipped for free, if ordered from my show. They ship quickly. I returned an item last Thursday and received an exchange today.

On the William front, he is not completing his work in kindergarten. I don't know what to do! We sit for at least 30-45 minutes every.....single.....afternoon while he completes his work. And by work, I mean color sheets. Not hard stuff here, people. He has always hated to color, but I've told him you have to do this work in kindergarten. He is very easily distracted. His precious, precious teacher walked him to the car today and told me he is so sweet and so kind. Jason said that is all she could come up with because she couldn't compliment him on his work ethic! It will be interesting to see how his year progresses.

I saw this picture on another blog that I frequent. It is too cute!

5 comments:

Julie said...

I need the drive that you have to get up at 4:50 in the morning to walk! I've got baby pounds that I need to shed. You would think that should be enough motivation, right?
I'll pray that the Lord will bless you with another precious child soon!!

Shonna said...

I will be parying for you, but in the meantime remember Psalms 27:14...it is has been my "motto" in this similar situation:) I have a friend that was on chlomid and it was only one month before she was PG, so there is hope!!! I hope to make your show on the 18th - see you then.

the jewells said...

Thanks for the prayers, girls. Shonna, thanks for sharing that verse.
Julie, the ONLY way I can get up is to shoot out of the bed like a rocket when that alarm goes off. If I don't pop right up, I'm probably not getting up. And as for baby pounds, please! I've been carrying them for six years! I have been telling myself that since I'm trying to get pregnant, there is no point in losing weight. Great logic, huh?

Unknown said...

hey terri,
glad you found our blog! we are doing fine and william is getting so big....where does the time go?

potty training is going still....it's a slow process but we're getting there. he's young, so we're really trying hard to not push it on him very hard.

I will be praying for y'all and hope that all is successful. stay in touch!
mere

Belle said...

Another scripture I love and has a very special meaning in a similar situation for our family is..."Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart."(Psalm 37:4)

HKP!