Thursday, August 28, 2008

Well, the City Council race for our district isn't over yet. We have 6 more weeks of campaigning. Please remember us in your prayers.

We are leaving for the beach tomorrow afternoon. William is so excited. He keeps telling the aide that opens his door at school each morning that he is going to sleep in a bunk bed with his friend Thomas. I guess we will be keeping one eye on the Gulf and Gustav and one eye on that Auburn football game! War Eagle!

I funny to tell about my grandmother. She came by the office to visit my sister and me yesterday morning. Now, Nanny is a one of a kind woman. She never know what she will say, nor to whom she will say it. Here is a snippet of her visit:

Nanny: I found some jeans in the road in front of my house yesterday.
Me: Eyes widening
Nanny: They might fit you or Toot (my sister). I don't think I can get into them. They are very nice jeans. I washed them and there's not anything wrong with them.
Me: Oh, okay
Nanny: Do you think Toot might want them?
Me: Oh, I don't know....
Nanny: I don't know why somebody would throw perfectly good jeans out in the road. Maybe I shouldn't have picked them up....

Hmmmmm......

And then:
Nanny: Toot, have you dated the ________ boy? (Omitting last name to protect the innocent victim)
Toot: No, Nanny, isn't he related to us?
Nanny: Oh, he's a distant cousin. His grandmother is my first cousin.

This isn't the first time Nanny has tried to set my sister up with cousins.

5 comments:

Shonna said...

Congratulations to Jason for making the runoffs, but I know you wish this was all over...with him winning of course!!

Micalyn said...

That about your grandmother and the jeans is too funny....she sounds like my granny!!!

The Mann Clan...on the move! said...

Only because I know Nanny....I am laughing with you!

Belle said...

ROFL! I found shoes to go with those jeans! Only in the South!

Unknown said...

Terri, your blog is so funny! I am laughing at the jeans story b/c my mom is always trying to give me her clothes! It drives me crazy! haha!