Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Kids DO Say the Darndest Things

Last night, we had a super quick all American dinner of......hamburgers! William refuses to eat any meat (other than square pepperonis???), so I thought I might let him help me patty out the meat. He immediately gagged about the meat (It looked like worms, it smelled...)and then gagged about the smell of the Lawry's Seasoned Salt. Puhleeze. I got him to very gingerly touch the meat, but he opted instead to season them with the salt. A. Lot. Of. Salt. I even tried the Spongebob/Crabby Patty reference to no avail. As we ate our dinner (his was a butter sandwich, green beans, and Mandarin oranges), we slipped a piece of hamburger on his plate. He hopped out of his seat, so offended that we would put something so vile and disgusting on his plate. Oh the horror! He was chugging down his glass of milk when I mentioned that milk comes from an animal. He said, "I knowed that already." Great grammar. I asked if he knew hamburger meat and milk both come from cows. He said he knew that (excuse me, knowed that) from watching Barnyard on Nick. Glad someone is teaching him, since the poor child's momma is leaving him to learn through television. Then, just for the heck of it, I asked if he knows where the milk comes from on a cow. Boy, oh boy. He said, "Yes," grabbed the front of his jeans with both hands and began to demonstrate how a cow is milked. Jason and I almost fell over laughing! I was so ladylike, that I had sweet tea coming out of my nose! Well, that was all it took for the Junior Performer. He was all over the kitchen, 'milking' himself!

I posted yesterday about my love for etsy and Boutique Mia. I have found another cute pillowcase type top made right here in Alabama! You can view the entire line of custom made children's clothing here. Super cute children's clothing with tons of appliques! Make sure you check out the women's Emily top
Photobucket


We took William to vote today. He was so funny. He got up this morning talking about how he couldn't wait to go vote...he had never done that before...it was going to be so much fun, etc. As we left the polling location, he was grinning from ear to ear and sporting his, "I Voted" sticker. I'm glad to be raising a child who is already so interested in performing his civic duty. Even if he is having to learn from Nickelodeon.

7 comments:

southernjoy said...

That milking thing is hilarious!

Shonna said...

I guess boys will be boys...too funny!

Kristen said...

I am crying I'm laughing so hard. I LOVE the "milking" story!!! PRICELESS!!!

SweetDreamsDesigns said...

Thanks for the props - ha! You'll have to post a picture of your new Emily top when you get it! I think it is going to be so cute! (may have to make one for myself for those Auburn games!) Thanks again Terri!

The Mann Clan...on the move! said...

Okay....#1: What a smart little vegetarian you have! Go William!....#2: Why are you using Lawry's Seasoned Salt?? I am SO sending you some Tastefully Simple. You'll never go back to that grocery store stuff and #3....YOU PUT MEAT ON HIS PLATE!?!?!?! You mean mean mommy.

Call cousin Angel, William, I'll come save you from the mean meat eaters. LOL!

The Macks said...

I am so procrastinating right now...that is hilarious about William. I can just see that little ham now...ha ha ha.

Belle said...

OMG I am laughing so hard over the "milking" story. I've made everyone in the house listen to me read it to them. Gosh I LOVE kids!