Thursday, September 25, 2008

William's Birthday

I am very tired tonight, so I'm going to submit a short post. My precious baby turned six years old today. Where has the time gone? We started out the morning with Mickey Mouse waffles and a birthday candle.
His face lit up like a Christmas tree. His eyes got huge when he came into the kitchen and saw his gifts and a Happy Birthday banner. In his most precious voice, he whispered, "Is this for me?" His eyes were full of such amazement. I'm crying again just writing about it.
After breakfast, we got ready for school and stopped by WAAO, where he went on the air with Nana and Mr. Blaine to pull the birthday winner out of the hat. We had prepped him ahead of time that he could not win.
I dropped him off at school and then picked up his birthday cookies from Mrs. Chrissie. His class was so excited when I arrived with cookies and Capri Suns! I got so many hugs! Mrs. P. had given him a birthday sun visor (made from cardboard) and he had a special birthday chair. The smile never left his face! By the way, he wore the visor all day...even to his soccer game, where he had to take it off.
After his soccer game tonight, we went to Larry's BBQ with Nana and Big, Grandmama and Papa, Aunt Tootie, Uncle Jimmy, and Miss Anna. He had his favorite meal, a grilled cheese and corn on the cob, and a birthday cake from Sugar Rush. Yum yum!
His favorite gift was a Webkinz Skunk that he named White-Black. All the way home from Larry's, he talked about the pros and cons of White-Black v/s Black-White. Upon entering our name of choice at the Webkinz site, we were told that we could not use either name. ??? Do they think it is a racial slur? Very strange. He finally settled upon Stripey. Yeah, he's very creative.
So much for a short post, huh?
We leave tomorrow for the beach. He said he did not want a party this year, just a "Vacation Party with mom and dad." You better believe I let him have his way on that one! He is so excited about eating at his favorite restaurant, The Crab Trap.
We are making it a short trip and just staying one night. Ah, the joys of living back in South Alabama. Those quick trips to the beach. His choir class is singing in church Sunday morning. He is already asking if he can wear that cardboard visor. Hmmmm... should be interesting here on Sunday morning.

4 comments:

Shonna said...

Happy Birthday William!! I think I will try to talk to Caroline about a "Vacation Party" next year...great idea!!!:)

The Mann Clan...on the move! said...

Oh, my baby "Wum"....6 already. Seems like yesterday your mom and I were running around with pigtails watching Fraggle Rock and eating Cookie Crisp....
I miss watching you grow. I can't wait to meet you again and give you big hugs.

Belle said...

Happy Birthday William! Wow the big 6! Hope you had a fun vacation party with Mommy and Daddy! HUGS!

Shonna said...

Congratulations...these next four years are going to be fun:)!!!