Friday, September 19, 2008

A few things about William plus musings on lovebugs

I may have mentioned before that we are having the hardest time getting him to complete his work....in kindergarten! What does this mean for our academic future? My mind flashes forward every afternoon to a future of biology, calculus, and physics. Eek!

I picked up William from school Wednesday afternoon and we were driving down the road as this conversation begins....
William: Mommy, do you have fits? (What?)
Me: What do you mean?
William: Do you have fits with me sometimes? (?????)
Me: No, I don't guess so.
William: Well, Mrs. P. (his teacher) said you were going to have a fit when you saw my work from today.
Me: Hand me your backpack.

I went in and spoke with Mrs. P. yesterday. I told her about the above conversation and she laughed and laughed. She told me had told her that he didn't want to do a worksheet. She sent it home and said for him to complete it there.

I told her that Jason has been threatening to call her and recommend that she send Willam to Mr. H. (the assistant principal) or to make him sit in the hallway by himself until he completed his work. She said, "I wouldn't do that to him." I said, "Mrs. P, he has got your number."

That little stinker can be so charming that you completely forget you are supposed to be getting onto him. Ah, the Only Child Syndrome.

Any advice from anyone out there? If so, I would love to hear it.

William had a soccer game last night, but I missed it because of the Shabby Apple party. He scored his first goal. And I MISSED IT! Jason called me during the game to tell me about it. This is the first absence I have ever had at his soccer practices or games!

Okay, randomness here....
What is the deal with the lovebugs?!? Anyone that lives in South Alabama or NW Florida knows exactly what I am referring to! They come out every year at the end of the summer in swarms. If you don't wash them off of your car immediately, they will be on there forever. Seriously. William calls them roaches, which is disturbing on a whole other level. I would hope that he would be a little more freaked out by roaches swarming around us.

I am so excited about fall arriving next week! I am ready to start decorating! I pulled out my wreath and garland last week, but I would love to have something for the front of the house like this:

I am trying to find some great urns to use for the base. Anyone have any ideas?

I have a new favorite chip. If you haven't tried the new Tostito's Multi-Grain chips, you must do so immediately! I don't know how healthy they actually are, but I figure that since they are multi-grain, they must be a little better for you than straight corn chips. Mmmmmm...... so good!

2 comments:

The Macks said...

Girl, we love those chips too...funny thing...the day after I bought them....I saw them on the today show where they ask you which is better for you...REGULAR Tostitos are better. Of course the multi-grain is going to trick us all.

Micalyn said...

Hey, where did you find that picture of the fall decoration? It is absolutely beautiful?